What to Bring
Don't leave home without it...
What to Bring
Please bring the following items to your confirmed Highlander Orientation:
- Your UCR Student Identification Number (SID#) - This 9-digit number can be found on MyUCR.
- IMPORTANT: Bring a government-issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a driver's license, state ID or driver's permit.
- IMPORTANT: Upload your photo at https://myphoto.ucr.edu and you will be able to pick up your University ID Card at your orientation. You must provide a government issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a drivers’s license, state ID or driver’s permit.
- Advanced Placement Test Scores - When available, send these and any other placement
exam scores to Undergraduate Admissions before your Highlander Orientation. If needed, you can bring sealed official documents
3106 Student Services Building
University of California, Riverside
900 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92521
- Alarm clock
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes as our program involves substantial walking
- Change of clothes for Day 2
- Personal toiletries, bathrobe and shower footwear as there are shared bathrooms on each residence hall floor
- Notepad and pen/pencil
- Water bottle filled with water or your favorite sports drink
- Spending money as you may have the opportunity to buy UCR gear at the Campus Store
- Sunblock, sunglasses and/or a hat
What is ProvidedYou will enjoy the following resources and accommodations during your confirmed Orientation session:
- A bedroom in an on-campus residence hall
- A roommate
- A bed and pillows
- Linens, including a pillow case, blanket, flat sheets, towel, hand towel and washcloth
- Shower facilities
- Day 1: Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast and lunch
- Handouts and resource guides
- Water stations - We strongly recommend bringing your own water bottles as these stations become very busy throughout the day.