Congratulations! Your Orientation session has finally arrived.
Make the most of your participation with these tips and reminders:
- Check-In is on Day 1 from 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. in Pentland Hills Residence Hall. Students and family guests check in together. Should you need assistance, Parking Lot 21 attendants will point you in the right direction. (VisitMaps & Directionsfor a complete list of directions and transportation options.)
- If you are a student arriving after 9:30 a.m. on Day 1, then you will need to go to the Pentland Hills Residence Services Office (RSO) which is located in Building Q just off of the Pentland Way turnabout. There, you will need to pick up a map and parking permit for Lot 21. You will then walk to 229 Highlander Union Building (HUB) to check in at Student Life.If you are a Family Orientation guest arriving in the afternoon of Day 1 or on Day 2, please visit the Pentland Hills RSO to receive your parking permit for Lot 21. Then walk to 229 HUB to check in at Student Life.
- Students: If you arrive later than 1:00 p.m. on Day 1, then you will need to call our office to reschedule your Orientation.
- Visit What to Bring page for details and Orientation inclusions.
- Highlander Orientation concludes at 5:30 p.m. on Day 2. After the session, you will need to return to Pentland Hills, retrieve your belongings, return your room key and check out.
- To avoid a $50 charge, please return your room key in the original envelope to Pentland Hills RSO.
- With over 450 students leaving at one time, departure can take a while. Please allow for enough time to collect your belongings, return your key, check out and say goodbye to new friends.