University of California, RiversideUCR

To Do List Before You Arrive  


student checking in 

Before attending Highlander Orientation, please complete the following:

  • Submit all of your standardized testing scores (AP, IB, etc.) and final transcripts from your high school or former educational institutions.
  • Take the UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE). If you missed the statewide exam in May, visit placementtest.ucr.edu for available test dates.
  • If your major requires it, take the Math Advisory Exam (MAE) placement test. All CNAS and BCOE majors as well as the following CHASS majors require this testing: PRBS, PSYC, LBST, ECON, ECAT, ECLW, BSEC, PSAT, SCAT, HSAT, AHAT, NRSC, PYLW and HSUN. Visit placementtest.ucr.edu to schedule a test date in May or June.

NOTE: Failure to fulfill these placement exam requirements prior to attending Orientation will prevent you from registering for English (AWPE) or Math/Science (MAE) during Orientation. Only after you complete the exam(s) will you be able to register for AWPE and MAE.



Registrar's Office
2249 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521 

Residency Affairs
Tel: (951) 827-5970
Email: Reshelp@ucr.edu


IMPORTANT:  Upload your photo at https://myphoto.ucr.edu  and you will be able to pick up your University ID Card at your orientation.  You must provide a government issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a drivers’s license, state ID or driver’s permit.

UCR Sweatshirt: Enter to Win

Simplify the class registration process (and enter to win) by completing the online Freshmen Survey. Your completed form will automatically be entered to win one of 5 UCR Sweatshirts.

Stay Connected

Check your R’Mail account for exciting updates and events.


More Information