To Do List Before You Arrive
Before attending Highlander Orientation, please complete the following:
- Submit all of your standardized testing scores (AP, IB, etc.) and final transcripts from your high school or former educational institutions.
- Take the UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE). If you missed the statewide exam in May, visit placementtest.ucr.edu for available test dates.
- If your major requires it, take the Math Advisory Exam (MAE) placement test. All CNAS and BCOE majors as well as the following CHASS majors require this testing: PRBS, PSYC, LBST, ECON, ECAT, ECLW, BSEC, PSAT, SCAT, HSAT, AHAT, NRSC, PYLW and HSUN. Visit placementtest.ucr.edu to schedule a test date in May or June.
NOTE: Failure to fulfill these placement exam requirements prior to attending Orientation will prevent you from registering for English (AWPE) or Math/Science (MAE) during Orientation. Only after you complete the exam(s) will you be able to register for AWPE and MAE.
- Complete your UC vaccination requirements ALL incoming, students (including re-admits) must complete TB Screening and prove immunization and/or immunity to:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) – Td is not acceptable.
- Meningococcal conjugate-- (Serogroups A, C, Y, & W-135) *22 years and under at time of registration Please refer to the UC immunization requirements for specific immunization and age, as it may be different than your medical provider
Steps to complete the requirement:
1) Complete the Student Immunization Record form
- A) Upload Proof of immunizations and/or titer lab results
2) Complete the Incoming Student TB Screening form
- A) Refer to Screening for Tuberculosis on the SHS website for information on testing
- B) All TB testing must have been complete < 1yr prior to registration
Complete as soon as possible, to avoid registration hold
Step by step process here: http://studenthealth.ucr.edu/healthrequirements/how-to-submit.html
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residency. If you have any questions regarding this requirement, please contact:
IMPORTANT: Upload your photo at https://myphoto.ucr.edu and you will be able to pick up your University ID Card at your orientation. You must provide a government issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a drivers’s license, state ID or driver’s permit.
Stay ConnectedCheck your R’Mail account for exciting updates and events.