Before your Highlander Orientation Session please complete the following items:
- Submit all of your standardized testing scores (A.P, IB etc) and final transcripts from your high school or other schools.
- Take the UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE)
* If you missed the statewide exam in May visit placementtest.ucr.edu to see other test dates available.
- Take the Math Advisory Exam (MAE) placement test, if your major requires you to do so (all of CNAS, all of BCOE, and selected majors within CHASS).
* Visit placementtest.ucr.edu to schedule a test date in May/June.
* The following CHASS Majors need to take the MAE: PRBS, PSYC, LBST, ECON, ECAT, ECLW,
BSEC, PSAT, SCAT, HSAT, AHAT, NRSC, PYLW, and anyone in HSUN considering one of the above
*Failure to complete these placement exam requirements prior to attending Orientation will prevent you from registering for English (AWPE) or Math/Science (MAE) courses during Orientation, and you will have to register for these courses at a later date after completing the exam(s).
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residency. If you have any questions regarding your Statement of Legal Residency, please contact:
- Registrar’s Office
2249 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521
- Residency Affairs Officer
M. Kendra McCann
* To complete the Pre-Orientation Module, please visit preorientation.ucr.edu.
* This information will make class registration so much easier!
- Complete the Freshmen Survey online (entered to win a $100 Campus Store gift card). You will receive an email in your R’Mail account sometime in June or July with more information.
- Check your UCR email account constantly.