When is Orientation?
Session dates for Highlander Orientation are set for Summer 2017!
- Highlander Orientation sessions are organized according to colleges and majors. Plan for a two-day session that corresponds accordingly.
- Attending the mandatory Highlander Orientation program is a provision of UC Riverside admission. Failure to attend will result in the revoking of a student's admission to the University.
- A one-day Family Orientation program will take place during each of the Orientation sessions listed below.
- The one-day Spanish Language Family Orientation program will take place only on Saturday July 29, 2017.
Session 1: Priority Registration Populations (All Colleges) - July 6-7, 2017
This session is ONLY available to the following Priority Registration Populations:
- Honors students who are registered with University Honors
- Intercollegiate Athletes
- Regents and Chancellors scholars who received the Regents or Chancellors Scholarships upon admission
- Student Veterans
- Students with disabilities who are registered with Student Special Services
- Foster youth who are registered with the Guardian Scholars program
Session 2: Priority Populations - Bourns College of Engineering and College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences ONLY - July 10-11, 2017
Session 3: All Colleges - July 13-14, 2017
Session 4: College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences ONLY - July 17-18, 2017
Session 5: Bourns College of Engineering and College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
ONLY - July 20-21, 2017
Session 6: College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences ONLY - July 25-26, 2017
Session 7: All Colleges - July 28-29, 2017
- The one-day Spanish Language Family Orientation will be held on July 29, 2017. Seats fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee Orientation spaces for students who have family members attending the Spanish Language Family Orientation.
Session 8:Bourns College of Engineering and College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
ONLY - July 31 - August 1, 2017
Session 9: College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences ONLY - August 3-4, 2017
Session 10: TBD - August 7-8, 2017