Highlander Orientation Leader Job Duties
Highlander Orientation takes place during Summer Session I and II. Please note that you will not be able to take any summer session classes if you are hired to be an Orientation Leader.
If you have any questions about employment as a Highlander Orientation Leader, please contact (951) 827-2789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Call of Duty
- Attend all training programs.
- Fulfill Orientation expectations, such as being on time, being prepared, taking an active role and staying for the duration of the program.
- Orientation Leader Training will occur in the Spring Quarter (every Thursday 5-8 p.m.) and in the Summer (eight days between June 25th - July 6th.
- Be available to move into UCR Residence Halls from June 24th - August 21st and be available 24 hours per day (subject to change).
- Serve as an Orientation Leader for all scheduled Student Orientations and Family Orientation sessions.
- Assist with the set-up, registration, execution and follow-up of each program.
- Provide a welcoming environment for UCR's new, incoming first-year students.
- Maintain a positive working attitude as a UCR representative when interacting with all Orientation and UCR staff members.
- Be flexible and react positively under pressure.
- Understand and respect the confidentiality of student records and adhere to University Policies and Procedures.
Requirements for Employment
- Must be a full-time UCR student at the time of application.
- Must have an activated UCR R'mail account.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum quarterly and cumulative GPA of 2.5 and maintaining it through the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with UCR’s Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Programs and Housing, Dining, and Residential Services.
- Must be able to successfully pass an agency background check.
- Although Orientation Leaders will have 2-3 days off per week, it is not possible to hold another on-campus job during employment with Highlander Orientation.
- Highlander Orientation is scheduled during Summer Session I and II. You will not be able to take any summer session classes if you are hired to be an Orientation Leader.
- Submit completed applications no later than 5:00pm. on Thursday, November 30th, 2017. Remember that a minimum cumulative AND quarterly GPA of 2.5 is required.
- Applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted to sign up for an individual and group interview from January 2nd - Februaruy 2nd.
- Orientation Leader selection will be announced in early February.
- Time worked will be paid an hourly rate.
- Housing and meals will be provided from June 25th - August 21st. This is subject to change depending on the number of sessions offered. Meals will be provided during training dates and session work dates.
How can you find out more?
Information Sessions for Orientation Leaders 2018 are listed below:
November 13, 3pm – HUB 367
November 14, 4pm – HUB 260
November 16, 2:30pm – HUB 260
November 28, 4pm – HUB 379
November 29, 3pm – HUB 379