Welcome to Highlander Orientation for Transfers!
Transfer Orientation is a mandatory one-day program for new UCR transfer students. There are several Orientation sessions from which to choose for incoming Fall transfer students. During these appointments, our academic advisors* will assess your academic history and provide guidance for your major. Plus, you will learn what is available regarding resources for both academic and social success.
Transfer Orientation Session Dates
Session 1: Monday, August 28
Session 2: Tuesday, August 29
Session 3: Wednesday, August 30
Session 4: Thursday, August 31
One-Day Orientation Activities
- Network with faculty and staff from your academic college
- Discover classes in your major
- Access UCR's online registration system, R'mail and iLearn
- Attend workshops to learn about campus resources
- Explore UCR's campus
- Connect with other transfer students
- Tap into UCR's many resources
- Learn UCR traditions!
* In addition to attending Highlander Orientation for Transfers, students in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS) will receive academic advising prior to Highlander Orientation. These appointments are discussed in your July and August R’Mail and will take place prior to the Orientation meeting.