Highlander Orientation for Families
In alignment with the County of Riverside Public Health and UCR’s safety precautions, Highlander Orientation will be delivered remotely. While Highlander Orientation is still mandatory for our incoming students, we practice and prioritize well-being and the health, safety, and care of the community is the upmost priority. We are still in the process of developing schedule for this new online model; we are dedicated to creating a program that will be engaging and informative for our new students and families alike. Please continue to check your e-mail to receive more important information and updates on Highlander Orientation 2020. We appreciate your patience and are extremely excited to have you as a part of the Highlander family!
Congratulations and welcome!
UC Riverside recognizes the important role families play in the success of UCR students. We also understand that families are not composed solely of parents and their college-bound students. So whether you are a parent, guardian, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, partner, spouse or supporter, we welcome you to the Highlander family!
It is also our pleasure to invite you to the Highlander Family Orientation.
What UCR Parents Are Saying About Highlander Orientation
- "After one day at UCR, I feel like everyone really cares about our kids and wants them to do well. There is help available everywhere. I'm very impressed."
- "I was not expecting the effort and care that everyone expressed. Their devotion to making the college experience as successful and enjoyable as possible was evident in every presentation."
- "Family Orientation made us feel very comfortable about sending our son to UCR. Everybody was very informative, polite, gracious and ready to help. Orientation really made the true meaning of personal touch."
- "Orientation was excellent. Thanks for making this experience [the student's transition into college] easier for parents. It shows that the entire administration takes a caring attitude."
The Highlander Family Orientation is a two-day comprehensive program designed to help family members become familiar with campus resources, policies and procedures. It also helps family members better understand what first-year UCR students will face during their time at the University. They will have the opportunity to hear from, meet and interact with faculty members, campus administrators, staff and student leaders.
Although the Student and Family Orientation sessions run on the same weekend, they are two separate programs. However, there will be times during the day to reunite and catch up on the day's events.
A Highlander Family Orientation offers an idea of the related activities.
- Both Orientations will start with Check-In from 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. on Day 1.
- We also have a one-day Spanish Language Family Orientation.
- There is no fee for 2020.
- The Family Orientation Program will contain live sessions delivered remotely and pre-recorded materials available for families to access at their convenience. More information about the schedule and details of the Family Orientation Program will become available in the near future. Any questions about the Family Orientation Program can be directed to email@example.com.
- We recommend discussing Orientation options with your student before registering online.
- Space in each Highlander Orientation session is limited, so please register early.
- You can register for both the Student and the Family Orientation on the same website.
- Day-of registration cannot be accommodated.
- There is no fee for 2020.
- The deadline to register is June 22.