Highlander Orientation for Families
In alignment with the County of Riverside Public Health and UCR’s safety precautions, Highlander Orientation will be delivered remotely. This will also include the Family Orientation program. While Highlander Orientation is still mandatory for our incoming students, we practice and prioritize well-being, health, and safety, and believe the care of the community is of the utmost priority. We are still in the process of developing a schedule for the 2021 Remote Family Orientation and are dedicated to creating a program that will be engaging and informative for our new students and families alike. Please encourage your student to continue to check their e-mail to receive more important information and updates on Highlander Orientation 2021. If you would like to speak to someone directly, we encourage you to reach out to us by email (email@example.com) or phone (951-827-2789) We appreciate your patience and are extremely excited to have you as a part of the Highlander family!
Congratulations and Welcome!
UC Riverside recognizes the important role families play in the success of UCR students. We also understand that families are not composed solely of parents and their college-bound students. So whether you are a parent, guardian, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, partner, spouse or supporter, we welcome you to the Highlander family!
It is our pleasure to invite you to the Highlander Family Orientation!
What Are UCR Parents Saying About Highlander Orientation?
- "After one day at UCR, I feel like everyone really cares about our kids and wants them to do well. There is help available everywhere. I'm very impressed."
- "I was not expecting the effort and care that everyone expressed. Their devotion to making the college experience as successful and enjoyable as possible was evident in every presentation."
- "Family Orientation made us feel very comfortable about sending our son to UCR. Everybody was very informative, polite, gracious and ready to help. Orientation really made the true meaning of personal touch."
- "Orientation was excellent. Thanks for making this experience [the student's transition into college] easier for parents. It shows that the entire administration takes a caring attitude."
The Highlander Family Orientation is a two-day comprehensive program designed to help family members become familiar with campus resources, policies and procedures. It also helps family members better understand what first-year UCR students will face during their time at the University. They will have the opportunity to hear from, meet and interact with faculty members, campus administrators, staff and student leaders.
Although the Student and Family Orientation sessions run at the same time, they are two separate programs and we have designated virtual presentations that are specifically designed for our student population as well as our family population. However, there will be some sessions available during Family Orientation which will overlap with the Student Orientation.
Highlander Family Orientation Related Activities.
- Both Student Orientation and Family Orientation will start with check in and a welcome presentation at approximately 8:30am. More details about the schedule will become available in the near future.
- We also have a one-day Spanish Language Family Orientation.
- There will be no additional fee for Family Orientation for 2021; the family program cost is included in the Student Orientation fee.
- The Family Orientation Program will contain live sessions delivered remotely and pre-recorded materials available for families to access at their convenience. More information about the schedule and details of the Family Orientation Program will become available in the near future. Any questions about the Family Orientation Program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend discussing Orientation options with your student before registering online.
- Space in each Highlander Orientation session is limited, so please register early.
- You can register for both the Student and the Family Orientation on the same website.
- Day-of registration cannot be accommodated. Please register for your session ahead of time.
- There will be no additional fee for Family Orientation for 2021; the family program cost is included in the Student Orientation fee
- The deadline to register for Family Orientation is June 11.