The Call of Duty (2019)
- Attend all training programs.
- Fulfill Orientation expectations, such as being on time, being prepared, taking an active role and staying for the duration of the program.
- Orientation Leader Training will occur in the Spring Quarter (every Thursday 5-8 p.m.) and in the Summer (eight days between June 24th - July 5th.
- Be available to move into UCR Residence Halls from June 24th - August 16th and be available 24 hours per day (subject to change).
- Serve as an Orientation Leader for all scheduled Student Orientations and Family Orientation sessions.
- Assist with the set-up, registration, execution and follow-up of each program.
- Provide a welcoming environment for UCR's new, incoming first-year students.
- Maintain a positive working attitude as a UCR representative when interacting with all Orientation and UCR staff members.
- Be flexible and react positively under pressure.
- Understand and respect the confidentiality of student records and adhere to University Policies and Procedures.
Requirements for Employment
- Must be a full-time UCR student at the time of application.
- Must have an activated UCR R'mail account.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum quarterly and cumulative GPA of 2.5 and maintaining it through the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with UCR’s Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Programs and Housing, Dining, and Residential Services.
- Must be able to successfully pass an agency background check.
- Although Orientation Leaders will have 2-3 days off per week, it is not possible to hold another on-campus job during employment with Highlander Orientation.
- Highlander Orientation is scheduled during Summer Session I and II. You will not be able to take any summer session classes if you are hired to be an Orientation Leader.
- Applications for 2020 Orientation Leaders will be available in Fall Quarter 2019. Remember that a minimum cumulative AND quarterly GPA of 2.5 is required.
- Applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted to sign up for an individual and group interview.
- Orientation Leader selection will be announced in mid-February.
- Time worked will be paid an hourly rate.
- Housing and meals will be provided from June 24th - August 16th. This is subject to change depending on the number of sessions offered. Meals will be provided during training dates and session work dates.
Applications for 2020 Orientation Leaders will be available in Fall 2019!
Highlander Orientation takes place during Summer Session I and II. Please note that you will not be able to take any summer session classes if you are hired to be an Orientation Leader.
If you have any questions about employment as a Highlander Orientation Leader, please contact (951) 827-2789 or email@example.com.
How can you find out more?
Information Sessions for Orientation Leaders 2020 will be posted in Fall 2019!
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please contact orientation at (951) 827-2789 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event so the University has sufficient time to arrange reasonable accommodations.