What to Bring
What to Bring
Due to road construction around campus, parking for Highlander Orientation will include walk to check-in. Please plan for additional arrival time and pack only what you would need for 1-2 days.
Please bring the following items to your confirmed Highlander Orientation:
- Your UCR Student Identification Number (SID#) - This 9-digit number can be found on MyUCR.
- IMPORTANT: Bring a government-issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a driver's license, state ID or driver's permit.
- IMPORTANT: Upload your photo at https://myphoto.ucr.edu and you will be able to pick up your University ID Card at your orientation. You must provide a government issued photo identification. Examples include, but are not limited to, a drivers’s license, state ID or driver’s permit.
- Advanced Placement Test Scores - When available, send these and any other placement exam scores to Undergraduate Admissions before your Highlander Orientation. If needed, you can bring sealed official documents to Orientation.
|3106 Student Services Building
University of California, Riverside
900 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92521
- Alarm clock
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes as our program involves substantial walking
- Change of clothes for Day 2
- Personal toiletries, bathrobe and shower footwear as there are shared bathrooms on each residence hall floor
- Notepad and pen/pencil
- Water bottle filled with water or your favorite sports drink
- Spending money as you may have the opportunity to buy UCR gear at the Campus Store
- Sunblock, sunglasses and/or a hat
What is Provided
You will enjoy the following resources and accommodations during your confirmed Orientation session:
- A bedroom in an on-campus residence hall
- A roommate
- A bed and pillows
- Linens, including a pillow case, blanket, flat sheets, towel, hand towel and washcloth
- Shower facilities
- Day 1: Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast and lunch
- Handouts and resource guides
- Water stations - We strongly recommend bringing your own water bottles as these stations become very busy throughout the day.