Fees Listed are for 2018
Registration & Cost of Attendance
- Registration and Fee Information below is for 2018.
- All students must register by June 8th. We recommend registering early as Orientation space fills up quickly. By mid-May, only a limited number of availabilities will remain.
- The Highlander Orientation fee for incoming first-year students is $270.
- The registration fee will be billed to student's Fall Statement of Account in August. Payment is due September 14, 2018. Any payments not made by September 14th will be assessed an additional $12.50 late fee.
- Guest Fee: The Family Orientation fee is $65 per guest. The Spanish Language Family Orientation fee is $50 per guest.
- All Family Orientation and merchandise fees must be prepaid. Please note that they cannot be billed to the student's account or reduced on a financial aid basis.
- Register early as space is "first-come, first-served."
Cancellations & Refund Policy
- Individuals who fail to make appropriate payments at least 10 business days before the Orientation dates are subject to cancellation.
- If you do not notify us of your cancellation at least 10 business days (two weeks) before your scheduled Orientation date,your payment will not be refunded. A no-show on your confirmed Orientation date will result in the loss of refund eligibility. A written cancellation (mail or email) sent in advance of the Orientation date is the only way to avoid these charges.
- If you cancel less than 10 business days before your scheduled Orientation date and have not yet paid in full, you are still responsible to pay the fee before the scheduled Highlander Orientation session. Orientation resources and materials are prearranged and prepaid in anticipation of your attendance. We accept cash, check, money order or credit card payments.
- If you register for Highlander Orientation and decide not to attend UCR, please notify our office that you, and any registered family members, will not be attending Orientation. You will also need to contact the Admissions Office directly to make your cancellation official. Family Orientation and Spanish Language Family Orientation refunds are not given if you cancel your guest reservation within 10 business days before the scheduled Highlander Orientation session date.
- Family Orientation must be paid before the scheduled Orientation session. They cannot be billed to the student account or reduced on a financial aid basis.
- If a refund is warranted according to our policies, all payments made by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card account.
Date Change Fees
- If you wish to change your scheduled Orientation date, you must submit your request at least 10 business days (two weeks) prior to the confirmed date. If there is a vacancy in your preferred session, you will be added.
- If you submit a request to change the date of your Orientation within 10 business days of your confirmed Orientation date, a date-change fee of $25 will be added to the Orientation registration fee.
Student Orientation fees will be automatically billed to your UCR Fall 2018 Statement of Account.Payments are due September 14, 2018. Any payments not made by September 14th will be assessed an additional $12.50 late fee.
We have three payment methods for Highlander Orientation, Family Orientation and merchandise:
- Online Credit Card Payment - Visa or MasterCard payments can ONLY be processed using our online system.
- Check or money order - Please make your check or money order payable to "UC Regents." Include the student's first name, last name and Student Identification Number (SID#). The SID# is a 9-digit number and can be found on MyUCR. Please make sure that your check or money order is made in the exact amount owed. Please do not send our office any other program payments.
- Cash - A cash payment must accepted in person and in the exact amount owed. Please make an appointment by calling (951) 827-2789. Our office is located on the UC Riverside Campus in the Highlander Union Building (HUB) on the second floor in Student Life Office 229.