Maps and Directions
Directions to UCR
Due to the volume of students, family members and guests attending Highlander Orientation, we are unable to provide transportation. However, there are several reliable airport shuttle services available to you. Local hotels may also provide airport shuttle service for their guests.
Below you will find the approximate travel time to UC Riverside. Please allow time for traffic and construction.
- LAX to UCR: approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes (70.70 miles/113.78 kilometers)
- ONT to UCR: approximately 20 minutes (19.65 miles/31.62 kilometers)
Once you arrive on campus, signs will direct you to the appropriate parking location, Big Springs Parking Garage. Address for maps directions is 400 W Big Springs Rd. Riverside, CA 92507.
Parking reservations are made via ParkMobile Reservations. A ParkMobile link, special access code and instructions will be sent to you prior to your session date. If you need assistance with making a parking reservation, please contact 951-318-7100 or email email@example.com. License plate information and valid email address is required to make a reservation.
If you plan to take a shuttle or taxi to the UCR campus, make sure to confirm travel arrangements before arriving in Riverside.
- Prime Time Shuttle - Call (800) RED-VANS (733-8267) for shuttle service from ONT. Rates are $31/person one-way and $10 for each additional person.
- Bell Cab - Call (888) 481-2345 for departure points and rates.
- San Gabriel Transit - The company offers a full range of paratransit and non-emergency transportation services including transportation planning, assistance, and reservations throughout Southern California. Call (626) 258-1310 for transit options.
- Riverside Transit Agency offers rides from various locations to the UCR campus. Bus fare is $1.75 per route. Call (951) 565-5002 for more information.
- To get to UC Riverside, take the 91/215/60 Freeway to University Avenue. From the 60 Freeway (East and West), exit University Avenue and turn left on University Avenue. Follow the turn (veers left) on to Canyon Crest Drive. Turn right on Blaine Street. Turn right on Watkins Dr. and then right onto Big Springs Rd. follow the signs to Big Springs Parking Garage.
Directions to Orientation Check-In
The location for Highlander Orientation Check-In is located in Pentland Hills Residence Hall at 1 Pentland Way, Riverside, CA 92521. Follow directional signs from Big Springs Parking Garage to Orientation Check-In.