To Do List Before You Arrive

Incoming UCR students check in for Highlander Orientation.


Before attending Highlander Orientation, please complete the following:

Submit Test Scores/Final Transcripts and Complete Placement Exams Prior to Orientation in Order to Register for Classes

  • Submit all of your standardized testing scores (AP, IB, etc.) and final transcripts from your high school or former educational institutions.
  • If you do not satisfy the Entry-Level Writing Requirement, you will need to take the UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE). Online AWPE exams will be held for students who have completed their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Visit for available test dates.
  • If your major requires it, take the Math Advisory Exam (MAE) placement test. All CNAS and BCOE majors as well as the following CHASS majors require this testing: PRBS, PSYC, LBST, ECON, ECAT, ECLW, BSEC, PSAT, SCAT, HSAT, AHAT, NRSC, PYLW, and HSUN. Visit to get more information. The exam will become available mid-May.
  • UCR only accepts the following for Math Placement: 

         -- A score of 3, 4, or 5 on either the AB or BC Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus Exam. 

         -- A score of 2 on the AB Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus Exam will clear a student for enrollment into Math 5 (Pre-Calculus). No course credit is awarded for the score. It's recommended that students with this score still take the MAE to see if they might place higher. 

         -- Please make sure UCR Admissions has received your AP scores.

         -- Please go to the “Math Classes at UCR” tab at to see what course your score places you into. 

  • A UC transferable college course at the Pre-Calculus Level (Math 5 at UCR) or higher from an accredited institution. 
  • A score of 5 or higher on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level Math Exam. 

If you do not have 1 of the above, then you MUST take the UCR Mathematics Advisory Exam (MAE).

        -- For information on how to take the MAE please go to: 

NOTE: Failure to submit your scores or finalize your AWPE and/or MAE test by July 12th will prevent you from registering for English (AWPE) or math/science (MAE) during Orientation. Only after you complete the exam(s) will you be able to register for these classes.



Complete your UC vaccination requirements ALL incoming, students (including re-admits) must complete TB Screening and prove immunization and/or immunity to:

  • COVID-19
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)
  • Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) – Td is not acceptable.
  • Meningococcal conjugate-- (Serogroups A, C, Y, & W-135) *22 years and under at time of registration Please refer to the UC immunization requirements for specific immunization and age, as it may be different than your medical provider

Vaccination Requirements

Steps to complete the requirement:

 Complete as soon as possible, to avoid a registration hold

Step by step process here:

  1. Complete the Student Immunization Record form
    1. A) Upload Proof of immunizations and/or titer lab results
  2. Complete the Incoming Student TB Screening form
    1. A) Refer to Screening for Tuberculosis on the SHS website for information on testing
    2. B) All TB testing must have been complete < 1yr prior to registration

Complete as soon as possible, to avoid registration hold

Step by step process here:

Registrar's Office  Residency Affairs
2249 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-5970

IMPORTANT: Upload your photo at to receive your University ID Card.

You must provide a photo identification at pick up. Examples include, but are not limited to, a driver’s license, state ID, passport.

CONNECTED: Check your R’Mail account for exciting updates and events.